Genetics is a branch of science which deals in studying and analysing the genes, heredity and variety of organisms.
- - - Clinical research associate - Healthcare scientist
- - genomics - Healthcare scientist
- - immunology - Pharmacologist - Plant breeder/geneticist - Research scientist (life sciences) - Research scientist (medical)
- Minimum Qualification required is 10+2 with science stream
- - Analytical skills - Attention to detail - Problem solving - Critical thinking - The ability to understand complex concepts - Teamwork and communication skills - Innovation - IT skills
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor of Science in Genetics (B.Sc. (Genetics)) - Bachelor of Science Honors in Genetics (B.Sc (Hons.) Genetics) - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Genetics
- Microbiology & Chemistry - Master of Philosophy in Genetics (M.Phill.(Genetics)) - Master of Science in Genetics (M.Sc.(Genetics)) - Master of Science Honors in Genetics (M.Sc (Hons.) Genetics) - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Applied Genetics - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Biomedical Genetics - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Human Genetics - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Molecular Biology and Human Genetics - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering
- Loyola Academy, Secunderabad Address: Old Alwal, Secunderabad, Telangana 500010 Phone: 040 2786 2363 Website: loyolaacademyugpg.ac.in/
Geneticists mainly work in hospitals, research institutes and pharmaceutical organizations.They are also used to work in a clinical laboratory where they deal directly with the patients and their family members.
- ATS GeneTech Pvt Ltd 6-3-1113/4, GVR Villa, Greenlands, Hyderabad, TS - 500 016 Phone: +91-40-23400932, 23406178 Website: http://genetech.co.in/