Home Science is a study to develop home or family life by taking the help of scientific knowledge and methods. It teaches the better way of living life and the core of this education is the family ecosystem. It integrates the application of various sciences and humanities to improve human environment, family nutrition, management of resources and child development.
The vast application of this subject in the various industries such as food preservation, clothing, textiles, interior decoration etc. attracts many students to build their career in the field of home science.
- - - Apparel industry's production managers - Color consultants - Diet consultants - Fashion designing - Interior designers - Resource developers
- - Class 10 - Class 10+2
- - Should have a scientific approach - Good organizing skills - Aesthetic and creative ability - Excellent communication skills - Ability to do practical work - Good with household chores
Courses to be pursued
- - Diploma in Home Science - Diploma in Food Science - B.Sc. (Home Science) - M.Sc. (Home Science) - M.Sc. (Food Science) - M.Sc. (Biochemistry) - M.Sc. (Nutrition)
- Patna University Address: Ashok Rajpath, Near Patna College, Patna, Bihar 800005 Phone: 0612 267 8008 Website: http://www.patnauniversity.ac.in/
The majority find jobs in hospitals, schools, college, organisations or institutional canteens. Another option is to work for Government departments as programme consultants. Some can even opt to work in the home economics division of food and utility companies.
- Dr Oetker India Pvt Ltd Address: F-4, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase – 1, New Delhi, Delhi 110020 Phone: 011 4517 7177 Website: http://www.oetker.in/in-en/index.html