Hospitality Management and a hospitality manager ensures the smooth running of a hotel, resort or casino chain adhering to all in-house regulations. He/she takes care of the overall well being of its clients.
- - - Accommodation manager - Catering manager - Chef - Event manager - Fast food restaurant manager - Hotel manager - Public house manager - Restaurant manager
- Bachelor's degree in hotel/hospitality management but one can also start as an apprentice
- - Extrovert and friendly in nature - Polite
- presentable and decent behaviour - Courteous and posses the ability to work under stress
Courses to be pursued
- - BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration - BA in Hospitality & Tourism Management - PG Diploma in International Hotels - MSc in Hospitality Administration
- The Institute of Hotel Management (IHM Mumbai), Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition Address: Veer Savarkar Marg, Dadar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400028 Phone: 022 2445 7241 Website: http://www.ihmctan.edu/
Working conditions in hospitality industry includes working in odd conditions. This also includes working on odd timings, weekends and vacation times. However, the incentives, perks and added advantages in this industry are still the plus.
- Hotel Oberoi Maidens, Delhi Address: Flat No. 6, Shanker Market, 2nd Floor, Above Shop No.1 Shankar Market, Outer Circle, Opposite M Block, Connaught Place, Delhi, 110001 Phone: +91 8287 000 333, +91 11 23415601, 23417176, 23417177, 23417178 Website: https://www.oberoihotels.com
Devika Mehta is a physiotherapist at Synchrony India. She has a masters in Indian Classical dance with an experience of 18 years in the same.
Tarana Khatri is a physiotherapist at Synchrony India who has been certified in jazz, ballet, contemporary and hip hop from the Commonwealth Society for Teachers of Dancing (CSTD), Australia.