Indian Economic Services
It is the administrative inter-ministerial Group ‘A’ Central Service. The IES was constituted in 1961 with the aim of institutionalizing a core professional capacity within the government to undertake economic analysis and render advice for designing and formulating development policies, strengthening delivery systems, and monitoring and evaluating the public program.
- Higher Administrative Grade (Principal/Chief Advisor)
- Higher Administrative Grade (Senior Economic Advisor / Senior Advisor
- Senior Administrative Grade (Economic Advisor)
- Non-Functional Selection
- Junior Administrative Grade (Joint Director/ Deputy Economic Adviser/Deputy Adviser
Equivalent to the posts of Deputy Secretary to the Government India)
- Senior Time Scale (Deputy Director/ Assistant Adviser/ Assistant Commissioner/Senior Research Officer
Equivalent to Under Secretary to the Govt. of India)
- Junior Time Scale (Assistant Director)
- For Indian Economic Service Post Graduate Degree from a recognized university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/ Econometrics. - For Indian Statistical Service Post Grade Degree from an Indian university in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics.
- Good interpersonal skills - Good English communication skills - Leadership and management skills - Good advisory skills - Expertise in economics
Courses to be pursued
- IES Entrance Exam
Shri Ram College of Commerce
Address: University of Delhi North Campus, Maurice Nagar, New Delhi
Phone: 011 – 27667905
St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
Address: 30 Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016
Phone: (+91 33) 22551101
The service is an inter-Ministerial and inter-Departmental service. You would be required to work in departments dealing with economic and social sectors. In the rapidly globalizing environment, decision-making is increasingly guided by economic rationality. Besides cadre posts, you would go on deputation to serve in various domestic and international organizations such as UN bodies, foreign Governments, state Governments and regulatory bodies. Officers from the service are also appointed on deputation to posts in the Central Departments under the Central Staffing Scheme.
NYK Line India
Address: 1205-1208, Windfall Building,12th Floor, Sahar Plaza Complex,Sir M.V. Road,Andheri (E), Mumbai 400 059
Evergreen Shipping Agency
Address: Plot No. 51, 1St Floor, Phase III, Okhla Industrial Estate, Delhi 110020
Shri A. S. Nikhade
Shri A. S. Nikhade is an IES officer who has entered in this service on 19-July-1974 and he is still serving this sector.
Shri Abu Huzaifa
Shri Abu Huzaifa is an IES officer who entered in this sector in 2014 and currently he is working as an Assistant Director in the state of Uttar Predesh.