Jewelry designing is highly skilled profession. This creative work was once restricted only to few individuals who passed on their skills to their kith and kin. It is a subject which requires good understanding of many techniques from melting metals to creating new die for casting jewellery, knowledge of precious metals and stones. It is quite a vast subject. It involves not just a creative mind but one that is technical and also requires good understanding of chemistry. To become good jewelry designer one has to get professionally trained and it is a very rewarding profession.
- - - Jewelry Designer - Jewelry Merchandiser - Exhibition Manager - Production Manager - Lecturer - Casting Manager - Assistant Manager in Exploration - Writer & Drafter - Embroidery Maker & Innovator - Manager in Museum & Art Gallery - Fashion Consultant - Illustrator - Entrepreneur - Planning and Concept Manager - Gem Grinder - Gem Polisher - Gemstone Appraiser - Jewelry Setter - Gem Assorter - Engraver - Scientist - Jewel Business Owner - Jewelry Historian - Grading Consultant - Auction House Cataloguer
- Minimum Qualification 10+2 preferably with Physics, chemistry and mathematics, though students from the Arts field too can pursue. At least 60% marks are mandatory.
- - Very creative person with eyes for minute detailing - Good understanding of various metals and stones - Good numerical skills for accurate measuring and calculations
Courses to be pursued
- - Jewelry Design Foundation Course - Industry Oriented Design - Computer Aided Design/Rhino - Styles of Jewelry Design - Jewelry Design Diploma - Jewelry Technology Diploma- Basic - Jewelry Technology Diploma- Advance
- Jewelry Technology Diploma
- Diamonds and Diamond Grading
- Colored Gemstone - Identification and Diploma in Gemology - Diploma in Diamond Grading - Diploma in Jewelry Designing - Diploma in Gemology (Gemology Correspondence Course) - Short Term Certificate Course in Gem Identification - Polished Diamond Grading - Rough Diamond Assortment and Gemology Course
- Indian Institute of Gemology Address: 10980 East Park Road Karol Bagh New Delhi 110005 Phone: +91-11-23520974 Website: http://www.iigdelhi.net/
Practical ability to work with tools and materials, such as metals and gemstones; drawing and computer design skills to produce designs. Skills in negotiation and persuasion when dealing with suppliers and buyers. A commitment and passion for your work.
- Tanishq Jewellery Address: G-10&11 Market Sector 18 Noida Uttar Pradesh 201301 Phone: 01204685522 Website: https://www.tanishq.co.in/
T.K.M.Sandeep has more than two decades of experience in leading and managing the organization for improving education and awareness. He is an inspiring speaker, mentor to the deaf young people. He founded DEF to achieve barrier free communication for the deaf by providing skills training to the deaf people. His area of expertise is leadership skills and uplifting deaf community in India.
Ms. Ramya Miryala
Ms.Ramya Miryala comes with 13 years of relevant experience in liaisoning with donors, project implementing and Sign language Interpreting. She handled in various roles as Director of PR and Operations, Management, Project Manager, Sign language Interpreter and Trainer.