Manufacturing engineer is a branch of engineering that requires practical application and understanding of the procedures involved in manufacturing processes. Their primary focus is to convert the raw material into the most updated or new product in a manner that is effective and efficient in almost all the ways.
- - - Manufacturing Firms - Railways - Armed Forces - Public Sector Units - Processed Food Production Factories - Automobile and Heavy Vehicle Manufacturers - Beverage Firms - Machines and Ancillary Manufacturers - Sports Equipment Manufacturers - Utility Product Manufacturers - Electronics Manufacturing Industry - Computer Hardware - Teaching
- - Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- - Ability to work under pressure - Critical Thinking and Logical Approach - Leadership and teamwork skills - Sound Technical Knowledge - Problem-solving skills
Courses to be pursued
- - B.E. in Manufacturing Engineering - M.E./M.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering
- IIT, Delhi Address: Hauz Khas, Delhi 110016 Phone: 01126597135 Website: http://www.iitd.ac.in/
The working environment of a manufacturing engineer can vary a lot according to the duties that the job demand and can include working in an office, workshop, laboratory or a plant floor. Most of the engineers spend their time in the production area where the working conditions are laid down by the type of the product manufactured.
- L&T India Address: North Block 1, Gate No 1, Saki Vihar Rd, Krishna Nagar, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400072 Phone: 022 6177 4200 Website: http://www.larsentoubro.com/
Bharat Parekh is while still a teenager, at the age of 17, Bharat Parekh risked being an outcast among his college mates. Not that he indulged in anti-social activities, nor were his friend’s caste-conscious, all he did was don the role of an agent for the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Ravi Jethani is Head - HR at OSRAM India Pvt Ltd. He is well known for being awarded as 100 Top HR minds in India by World HRD Forum.