Material and Metallurgical Engineer
- - - Metal extractors like Tata Steel - Steel Authority of India (SAIL) - Hindustan Copper Limited - Hindalco Industries Limited and Jindal Steel - Finolex Cables Limited and Cable Corporation of India are the leading employers of metallurgy scholars.
- - Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- - Problem-solving skills - Analytical ability to determine the properties and best uses of metals and other materials. - Practical and technical skills - Excellent written and oral communication skills - Report writing skills - Research skills planning and organizational skills - Also keep up to date with the latest research developments and laboratory techniques.
Courses to be pursued
- - B.E. /M.E. in Material &Metallurgical Engineering - B.tech. /M.tech. in Material & Metallurgical Engineering
- IIEST, Shibpur Address: P.O. - Botanic Garden, Howrah, West Bengal 711103 Phone: 033 2668 4561 Website: http://www.iiests.ac.in/
- Full time work. - They often work in offices where they have access to computers and design equipment. - Others work in factories or research and development laboratories. - Materials engineers may work in teams with scientists and engineers from other backgrounds.
- Hindustan Copper Limited Address: 2th Floor, North Tower, Core 2, Scope Minar, Dist Centre, Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110092 Phone: 011 2244 8036 Website: http://www.hindustancopper.com/