- - Music Director has a vast playing field. One can start as a Teacher at regular school
- - or at specialized music schools. However
- - there are scopes as a free lancer or being part of any production houses that either makes movies or television programs.
- Minimum Qualifications: 10+2 with 60% marks or more.
- - Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills - Patience - Perseverance - Passionate about music - Creative bent of mind.
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Music history
- music composition
- applied music
- orchestration are areas that one can additionally pursue. Master’s and Doctorate degrees are also available. Sound Engineering degrees add an edge to this profession.
- KMMC: The Conservatory - Chennai Address: KM College of Music & Technology, 19 Vinayagapuram 2nd Street,MMDA Colony,Arumbakkam, Chennai 600-106,Tamil Nadu Phone: 044-43444786, 9003032786, 7708555309, and 900301529
- Website: kmmc.in/33
There are various job opportunities for a Music Director one with the right degrees and talent. Freelancing, Music industry, film industry, Television, Theatre. It is a highly creative profession.
- Sony Music India Address: Sony Music Entertainment India Pvt Ltd, 3 Floor, Raheja Centre, Linking Road, Santacruz West, Mumbai - 400054 Phone: +61 2 9383 6200. Website: www.sonymusicindia.com
Farah Khan Ali
Farah Khan Ali launched her own jewellery brand Farah Khan Fine Jewellery in 2004. She is also the founder of a designer jewellery brand Farah Khan Fine Jewellery for International and domestic clients. This jewelry designer was voted by the Network 7 Media Group's India Leadership Conclave 2015 Edition as "Innovative Leadership in Luxury Brands Concept 2015.
Suhani Pittie who was born on 14 April 1981 is an Indian jewellery designer based in Hyderabad, India. A graduate of Gemological Institute of America, USA, she launched her own jewellery label in 2004. The World Gold Council has enlisted Suhani as one of the top 10 most inventive and ingenious jewellery designers in the world.