A naval architect is responsible for creating a ship. These people design, construct and repair ships and other marine structures for both commercial and military purpose.
- Aerospace Engineer
- Electrical or Electronics Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Petroleum Engineer
- Interior Designer
- Minimum Qualification is 10+2 with Science and Maths - Eligible to get Mariner's license
- Creativity - Effective technical skills - IT skills - Problem-solving skills - Leadership and interpersonal skills - Communication skills - Commercial awareness - Team working skills - Spatial awareness - A meticulous attention to detail
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Technology in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Naval Architecture and Ship Building
- Post Graduate Diploma in Ship Building and Conversion Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Offshore Structures and Sub Sea Engineering
- Post-Graduate Advanced Diploma in Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding
- Diploma in Shipbuilding Engineering
Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET)
Address: 135, East Coast Road,
Kanathur - 603112, India.
Phone: 91 - 44 - 2747 2155 / 2747 2157
Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering
Address: Kolenchery, Engineering College Road,
Kadayirippu, Kerala 682311
Phone: 0484 259 7800
Naval architects are used to work on power generating projects like offshore wind turbines, they work in the coastal regions which includes both offshores and land.
Vik-Sandvik Design India Pvt.Ltd.
Address: Raaji Towers, 1st Floor, Door No. 10/14, 8th Street, Gopalapuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600086
Phone: 044 4297 2000
Hiranandani Estate, Thane, Mumbai
Phone : +91 22 4024 4296
Jacques-Noel Sane was aFrench Naval engineer who gave the designs for the ships and frigates which were used in the 1780s by the French Army.
Thomas C Gillmer
Thomas C Gillmer was a naval architect and a graduate of U.S. Naval Academy. He designed the ship Pride of Baltimore along with Melbourne Smith.