A Nutritionist is an expert who gives advice about nutrition and diet. A dietitian amends and prepares their patient's nutrition based upon their medical condition and individual needs. They work on the directions from doctors regarding patient's nutritional care.
- - - Therapeutic Nutritionists - Management Nutritionists - Community Nutritionists and Community Nutritionists - Clinical Nutritionists and Clinical Nutritionists - Research Nutritionists
- - 10th and 12th with Science stream (Biology/ Microbiology) - Opt for a college offering home science
- - Strong verbal and written communication skills - Excellent skills to promote healthy eating - Organizational skills - Research Translation
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor’s Degree in home science - Specialized courses in nutrition or dietetics - Diploma in dietetics or sports nutrition - Master’s in home science - A.I.I.H.P.H. Examination or All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health - PhD - M.Phil
- Public Health Foundation of New Delhi Address: Plot No. 47, Sector 44, Institutional Area, Gurugram – 122002, India Phone: +91-124-4781400/ +91-24-478601 Website: https://phfi.org/
Nutritionists assists people, facing problems like obesity, diabetes, mental disorders, increased cholesterol level, arthritis etc. Also, to look after a patient’s dietary requirements, nutritional counselor’s primary job duties may include physical assessment by examining body mass index, height and weight. Other job responsibilities performed by a dietitian include community assessment, suggesting remedial procedures, implementing food service policies in clinical departments and food manufacturing organizations.
- Shubi Husain Slimming Studio 12/13, Block 12, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi, Delhi 11002 Phone: 011 4709 6400 Website: http://www.shubihusain.com/
Raksha Changappa is an Indian dietician-cum-nutritionist based in Bangalore. She is a published nutrition author, a nutrition panellist and a dietician honoured with multiple awards and accolades in the country.
Ishi Khosla is the founder of Whole Foods, a one-stop shop for nutrition needs. She hails from Delhi and suffered from obesity at a very young age. She then started applying self-devised weight loss methods on herself and slimmed down.