Petroleum Engineers are the one who develop and design methods or find new ways to extract oil and gas from the deposits which is below the earth’s surface.
- - - Entry-level engineers are usually work under the supervision of experienced engineers. - Petroleum engineers may advance to supervise a team of engineers and technicians. Some become engineering managers or move into other managerial positions. - Petroleum engineers also may go into sales and use their engineering background to inform the discussion of a product's technical aspects with potential buyers and help in product planning.
- - Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- - Should have analytical skills in petroleum engineers. - Petroleum engineers should have the creativity so that to come up with the new ways to extract oil and gas. - Should have interpersonal skills. - Petroleum engineers should have the knowledge of math. -Problem-solving skills.
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Gas - B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in Upstream - B.Tech Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals - M.Tech Petroleum Engineering - PhD Petroleum Engineering
- IIT, Bombay Address: IIT Area, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076 Phone: 022 2572 2545 Website: http://www.iitb.ac.in/
- Work in the offices of petroleum mining companies or they may work on petroleum mining rigs. - Those who are working in offices usually work on regular hours but may be expected to work longer hours (If necessary).
- Hindustan Petroleum Corp Limited Address: HPCL, Delhi Retail RO, 6th and 7th Floor, Core - II, North Tower,Scope Minar, Dist.Centre, Laxmi Nagar , Delhi , Delhi , Delhi , 110092 Phone: 011 - 22010615 Website: http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/