Physical education teacher
Physical education teachers are the ones who guide and educate the children and adolescents about the ways to attain a healthy lifestyle. A physical education teacher should be able to communicate and explain the health concepts effectively.
- - - Fitness trainers - Recreation workers - Physical education instructors - Physical therapists - Sports medicine - Human kinetics - Sports nutritionists - Sport psychologists
- Minimum education required is 10+2
- - Physically fit and active - Knowledge of sports and basic health and nutrition for all developmental levels - A strong background in sports - Good communication skills - Should be able to handle students of various age groups
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor’s degree in health education
- physical education
- or athletic training - Bachelor of science in health sciences - Bachelor of science in health and wellness - Theories in Physical Education
- Theories in Sports Pedagogy
- Team and Individual Sports - Basic Methods of Teaching
- and Human Development
- Ishwar Deshmukh College of Physical Education Address: Hanuman Nagar Road, Krida Chowk, Near Ayurvedic College, Near Hanuman Nagar Post Office, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440009 Phone: 0712 2744821 Website: www.idcpengp.org
- Physical education teacher should lead multiple classes and activities across the school day. - They must work indoors and outdoors, teaching students how to play various sports and how to exercise. - They have to organize activities such as the preparation and maintenance of gym equipment. - Many teachers also take part in coaching activities including school sports teams and may be faculty advisors for student clubs.
- Hockey India Address: B1 / E3, Ground Floor, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi 110044 Phone: 91 11 46064141 Website: www.hockeyindia.org
Raksha Changappa is an Indian dietician-cum-nutritionist based in Bangalore. She is a published nutrition author, a nutrition panellist and a dietician honoured with multiple awards and accolades in the country.
Ishi Khosla is the founder of Whole Foods, a one-stop shop for nutrition needs. She hails from Delhi and suffered from obesity at a very young age. She then started applying self-devised weight loss methods on herself and slimmed down.
This Delhi based nutritionist has an MBBS degree and was initially an allopathic doctor but her increased interest in health and lifestyle soon drew her towards nutrition and preventive medicine.