Physiotherapists are the experts who treat injury, disease, disorders with the help of physical methods like exercise, massage, manipulation and other treatments instead of medications and surgeries. Their main aim is to improve a person’s quality of life by implying variety of treatments to eliminate pain and restore its function.
- - - Higher education lecturer - Physiotherapist - Sports therapist - Acupuncturist - Chiropractor - Dance movement psychotherapist - Exercise physiologist - Health service manager - Health promotion specialist - Osteopath - Personal trainer
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Excellent Communication Skills - Problem solver - Ability to be encouraging
- empathetic and firm - Ability of building a good relationship with patients and their families - Interest in Anatomy and physiology
Courses to be pursued
- - BSc Physiotherapy - BSc Sport Rehabilitation and Exercise Science - International Foundation Programme (inc. Physio and Paramedic Science) - BSc Veterinary Studies (Physiotherapy)
- Government Medical College, Nagpur Address: 1-A, Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440009 Phone: 0712 274 4671 Website: http://www.gmcnagpur.org/
Physiotherapists work from hospitals, outpatient clinics, rehabilitation centers and private office which are well-equipped. Their jobs are physically demanding as they have to kneel, stoop, lift and stand for a long period. They also lift patients and aid them in standing, walking etc. Full time physiotherapists work for 40 hours per week.
- Aster Medcity Address: Aster DM Healthcare Limited Cheranelloor, Kochi, Kerala, India Phone: +91 484 66 99 999 Website: http://astermedcity.com/