Plant Genetics and Breeder
Plant Breeding is the art and science of changing the attributes of plants in order to make them produce the desired result. This aids in improving the quality of nutrients in products for both humans and animals. The plant breeders struggle to achieve a particular outcome of plants and new varieties in them.
- - - Genetic engineering firms - Seed specialists. - Junior plant breeder - An assistant professor or in the central research organizations of the Indian agricultural research institutes - Crop research directorates - Plants hereditary resource bureau as plant reproduction - Cytogeneticians
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Commitment and a strong interest in plants and plant science - Good problem-solving skills - Excellent oral and written communication skills - The ability to carry out work independently and with patience - A flexible approach - The ability and stamina to undertake research and long-term projects - The skills to manage a busy laboratory - Strong team-working skills - An analytical and investigative mind - Computer literacy and technical skills
Courses to be pursued
- - M.Sc. in Genetics & Plant Breeding - PhD in Plant Genetics
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute Address: Hill Side Road, Pusa, Delhi 110012 Phone: 011 2584 3375 Website: http://www.iari.res.in/
The working routine follows a seasonal pattern and shifts are usually quite long with the plants requiring care seven days a week, whereas some months are less busy than others. Extra hours may sometimes be required depending on the experiments that are being carried out.
- Kalash Seeds Pvt Ltd Address: P.O. Box-77, Mantha Road Jalna Maharashtra 431203 Phone: 02482 244000 Website: http://kalashseeds.co.in/Chilly.php