Psychiatrist is a physician who holds expertise in preventing, diagnosing and treating people with mental illness. A psychiatrist should have received additional training and must have served a supervised residency in their specialty.
- - - Child Psychiatrists - Geriatric Psychiatrists - Neuropsychiatrists - Clinical Pastoral Counselor - Mental Health Counseling Therapist - Genetic Counseling
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Inductive and Deductive Reasoning - Perception and Sensitivity - Oral and Written Communication - Listening Skills - Social and Communication Skills - Boundary Setting - Critical Thinking - Business Management
Courses to be pursued
- - B.A. (Applied Psychology) - B.A. (Hons.) Applied Psychology - B.A. (Hons.) Psychology - M.A. (Counselling Psychology) - B.A. (Journalism
- Psychology and English) - M.A. (Philosophy & Applied Psychology)
- Christ University Address: Hosur Rd, Bhavani Nagar, Suddagunte Palya, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029 Phone: 080 4012 9600 Website: https://christuniversity.in/
Psychiatrists mostly work on regular basis and on regular business hours but may also have to attend calls in the evening or weekends and they usually work in community mental health centers, hospitals and other places. They look after very distressed people so their job tends to be very hectic and stressful.
- Cosmos Institute of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences Address: 35, Defence Enclave, Vikas Marg, Delhi, 110092 Phone: 097174 02402 Website: https://www.cimbs.in/