Public Relations Manager
Public relations managers are responsible for creating and maintaining a positive image of their clients. They mainly work for corporations, non-profit organizations or independent PR firms.
- Bachelor’s/master’s communications or journalism
- Post-graduate diploma programmes in Advertising and Public Relations
- Diploma in Public Relations and Marketing
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Media and Event Management
- Diploma in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Certificate course in Public Speaking and Personality Enhancement
Minimum education required is 10+2
- Knowledge of designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level - Can act as a company’s spokesperson - comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews - Exceptional writing and editing skills - Solid experience with social media including blogs
etc. - Event planning experience
Courses to be pursued
Bachelor's or master's degree in public relations
journalism or communications
Indian Institute of Mass Communication
Address: Delhi Add: JNU New Campus, Aruna Asif Ali Road, Delhi 110075
Phone: 011 2674 2920
St Xavier's Institute of Communications
Address: Mumbai Add: 5, Mahapalika Marg, Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
Phone: 022 2262 0661
- The PR manager usually work in the normal office hours.
- They must Coordinate all public relations activities.
- They have to develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- They are also responsible for developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
Address: 4th floor, Chimes 61, Service Road, Sector 44, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
Phone: 0124 441 7501
Address: 257, Okhla Industrial Estate Phase III, New Delhi 110020
Phone: 011 40565100
Ameer Ismail is an Executive Director at GolinOpinion. He is in the public relations field since last two decades and played an active role at MullenLowe Lintas Group. Ameer Ismail is an active member of the Indian PR community and is entrusted with the responsibility of building the PR business.
Dilip Cherian is the Co-founder and consulting partner at Perfect Relations. He is well known as India's Image Guru.