Publicist is a person who generates and manages publicity for a company, a brand or a public figure. Publicists are a Public Relation specialist who maintain and represents the image of brands or organization or a public figure.
- - - Press representative - Public relations publicist - Media agent
- - Excellent writing and communication skills - Excellent organisational skills - Sociable
- persuasive and ambitious personality - Creativity - Excellent presentation - Positive attitude - Versatile and adaptable - Good eye to spot a story - Passion about the clients you represent - Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines - Ability to multitask - Good at research and analysis of findings
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor’s and Master’s in Public Relations
- Media Studies or Marketing.
- Indian Institute Of Journalism and Mass Media Address: Opp. BGS International Residential School Nityanandanagar Kumbalgudu Kengeri Hobli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560060 Phone: 078292 40368 Website: https://www.iijnm.org/
Although most publicists are office based, they often have to work during weekends and evenings. There is usually travel involved to attend meetings, events or press conferences. One is likely to work under a great deal of pressure. If the person works with celebrities, he/she must be ready to deal with difficult personalities and regular changes of public image. Publicists can easily be blamed if these changes don’t generate positive press coverage.
- Raindrop Media Pvt Ltd Address: B-09 & G-10, Ground Floor, Morya House, New Link Road, Andheri West, Mumbai 400053 Phone: 022-2639326 Website: https://www.facebook.com/raindropmedia/