The role of a retail manager in an organization is not bound only to sales. It comprises of various other tasks like running the store successfully, ensuring that staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
- - - Retail Merchandiser - Food technologist - Clothing and textile technologist - Food scientist
- Minimum 10+2 with Commerce stream.
- - Enthusiasm - Excellence - Verbal communication - Confidence - Commercial awareness - Team working skills
Courses to be pursued
- - Certificate course in Retail Management – 6 months - Diploma in Retail Management – 1 year - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Retail Management – 3 year - Integrated degree (MBA) in Retail Management –5 year
- Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara Address: S.No.123, Saraswati Vishwa Building, "A" Wing, 3rd Floor, MIT Campus, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038 Phone: 094038 65490 website: http://schools.lpu.in/business/
Working hours vary for retail manager, though shift runs for 8 hours. Working hours may vary between 35 and 40 per week. Sometimes late closing of the store and early morning shifts.
- Grofers Address: Plot -64H, Sarhaul Abadi Village, Sector 18, Gurugram, Haryana 122001 Phone: 011 3355 2400 Website: http://www.grofers.com/
Siddharth Bhargava is currently the manager of retail operations at RBL Bank. He has also worked as Deputy Manager II- Loan Processing at ICICI Bank.
Prateek Joshi is the Assistant Retail Manager at Grofers. Also, he has been Logistics Intern at IFB Industries.