The role of a retail manager in an organization is not bound only to sales. It comprises of various other tasks like running the store successfully, ensuring that staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
- Retail Merchandiser
- Food technologist
- Clothing and textile technologist
- Food scientist
Minimum 10+2 with Commerce stream.
- Enthusiasm - Excellence - Verbal communication - Confidence - Commercial awareness - Team working skills
Courses to be pursued
- Certificate course in Retail Management – 6 months
- Diploma in Retail Management – 1 year
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Retail Management – 3 year
- Integrated degree (MBA) in Retail Management –5 year
MIT School of Management, Pune
Address: Kaputhala, Punjab
Phone: 0182 450 6111
Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
Address: S.No.123, Saraswati Vishwa Building, "A" Wing, 3rd Floor, MIT Campus, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038
Phone: 094038 65490
Working hours vary for retail manager, though shift runs for 8 hours. Working hours may vary between 35 and 40 per week. Sometimes late closing of the store and early morning shifts.
Address: Knowledge House, 2nd Floor, Off Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road, Near Majas Depot, Shyam Nagar, Jogeshwari East, Mumbai 400060, Maharashtra
Address: Plot -64H, Sarhaul Abadi Village, Sector 18, Gurugram, Haryana 122001
Phone: 011 3355 2400
Siddharth Bhargava is currently the manager of retail operations at RBL Bank. He has also worked as Deputy Manager II- Loan Processing at ICICI Bank.
Prateek Joshi is the Assistant Retail Manager at Grofers. Also, he has been Logistics Intern at IFB Industries.