A Sociologist has the responsibility of studying human behaviour, interaction, and organization in order to solve social problems affecting our society.
They have helped to clear doubts about hereditary, race, class, sex differences, deviation and nearly every other aspect of behaviour. By helping replace superstition and misinformation with accurate knowledge about human behaviour sociologists are performing their most important role.
- - - Advice worker - Community development worker - Family support worker - Further education teacher - International aid/development worker - Social researcher - Social worker - Youth worker
- - Class 10+2
- - Appreciating the complexity and diversity of social situations - Applying sociological theory to society's organizations
- including schools
- hospitals and offices - Researching
- judging and evaluating complex information - Making reasoned arguments - Knowledge and understanding of research methods
- analysis and statistical techniques
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Sc. (Hons) Sociology - M.Sc. (Hons) Sociology - Ph.D. in Sociology
- Loyola College Address: Sterling Road, Near Nungambakkam Railway Station, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034 Phone: 044 2817 8200 Website: http://www.loyolacollege.edu/
Sociologists generally work 9 to 5 in an office.They spend most of the time reading to keep an eye on the rapid growth of their field. People who enjoy studying the psychological behaviour of others and able to work independently and also know how to interact with the wide variety of people to solve their problems whether it is socially, mentally or physically that they are likely to meet in their work.
- Reliance Communications Address: 'H' block, 1st floor,DAKC, Navi Mumbai – 400709 Phone: 022-30370001 Website: http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/home/index.html