Sound engineers are also known as audio engineers. They are known to work on the technical aspects of sound and music production. This is done by mixing, reproducing and manipulating the equalization and electronic effects of sound. It's a highly creative hobby and profession where one gets the exposure to work on musical instruments and technology. The technology that are used to produce sound for film, radio, television, music and video games.
- - - Motion Picture and Video Industries - Sound Recording Industries - Radio and Television Broadcasting and Performing Arts Companies - Gaming Industry - Parks/Hotels/Malls/Stadiums - App development
- For UG: Candidates who have passed 10+2 in physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects can pursue bachelors in Sound Engineering. - For PG: Candidates who have passed bachelor's degree in Sound Engineering are eligible to pursue Sound Engineering in master and doctoral level at Indian and foreign universities.
- - Interest in all aspects of sound recording
- production and performance - Good hearing and an ear for detail - Interest in the science of sound production - Problem solving skills - Ability to work under pressure
Courses to be pursued
- - Certificate course in sound and audio engineering - Sound recording/engineering education is usually offered as a three-year diploma course to graduates - Bachelor's degree in Sound Engineering - Certificate in Recording and Audio Engineering - Certificate in Audio Technology - Certificate in Audio Production Technology - Diploma course: Diploma in Recording Arts (Audio Engineering) is a one-year full-time course in Audio Engineering with the eligibility of 10th or equivalent exam. - Bachelor course: Students can pursue the bachelor degree in Sound Engineering with the eligibility of 10+2 with PCM subjects. - Master Course: After bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering
- Film and Television Institute of India Address: No.11, Telephone Exchange, Law College Road, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune, Maharashtra 411004 Phone: 020 2543 3016 Website: www.ftiindia.com/
Broadcast and sound engineering technicians and radio operators generally work indoors in pleasant surroundings. However, they may be required to work for long hours including late nights and on weekends. Specially, when they are responsible for setting up, monitoring and then packing down the sound equipment at concerts and other live performances. Sound technicians' work can also involve heavy lifting and the co-ordination of other technical crew.
- Website: https://www.zeeentertainment.com/
William Carey was born on 17th August, 1761 and holds the position of having been the founder of the Agricultural and Horticultural Society of India in 1820 and its president, 1824-1826. The Society continues to give prominence to Carey in its ongoing development, history, and heritage.
Annie Jack (1839-1912) was born in England, Jack is remembered most for her horticultural writings, including her many articles in Canadian Horticulturist. She also wrote a newspaper column called “Garden Talks” in the Montreal Daily Witness.