Speech Language Pathologists
A Speech Language Pathologist evaluates and treats patients with speech, language, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders in individuals of all ages, from infants to the elderly.
- - - Audiologists - Nurse Anesthetists
- - Nurse Practitioners - Occupational Therapists - Physical Therapists - Physician Assistants - Psychologists - Recreational Therapists - Respiratory Therapists
- - 10+2 with Science stream - Masters degree in Speech Therapy
- - Proactive Approach - Persistence - Adaptability - Resourcefulness - Stellar Personal Skills
Courses to be pursued
- - Master of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (MASLP) - 2 yrs - Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology [BASLP] - 4 yrs - Diploma in Hearing
- Language & Speech (DHLS) - 1 yr - Post Graduate Certificate Course in Auditory Verbal Therapy [PGCAVT] - 6 months
- Ali Yavar Jung National Institute Of Speech And Hearing Disabilities (Divyangjan) Address: A-221, Block A, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201303 Phone: 085276 96052 Website: http://ayjnihh.nic.in/
Speech Language therapists work with old people/ grown-ups who may have lost their ability to communicate due to certain medical reasons such as strokes, accidents, removal of larynx (because of cancer).
- Kauvery Hospital 199, Luz Church Road, Mylapore, Alwarpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600004 Phone: 044 4000 6000 Website: http://www.kauveryhospital.com
Naina Lal Kidwai
Naina Lal Kidwai is an Indian Banker, a Chartered Accountant and also a Business Executive. Earlier, she held the position Group General Manager and the Country Head of HSBC and also is former President of FICCI. Currently she is working as the Chairman of Max Financial Services Ltd.
T.N. Manoharan is a Chartered Accountant and also the former president of Institute of Chartered Accountant of India. He is also the Founding Partner, Manohar Chowdhry & Associates.