A surgeon is an expert who treats disease, injury or deformation through surgeries and operations. They use manual methods to physically change body tissues and surgeons have also started using other methods like scopes and lasers.
- - - Surgical Technologists - Anesthesiologist - Thoracic Surgery - Colon and Rectal Surgery - Obstetrics and Gynecology - Gynecologic Oncology - Breast Surgery - Reconstructive Surgery - Dental Surgery
- - 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board. - Seat through competitive exams like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER Puducherry, CMC-Vellore, etc to get into medical colleges.
- - High manual dexterity - Good hand-eye co-ordination - Excellent vision and visuo-spatial awareness - Good organizational ability and effective decision-making skills - Excellent communication skills - A calm temperament and the ability to work well under pressure - Physical stamina to meet with the demands of surgery - The ability to lead and manage a team effectively
Courses to be pursued
- - MBBS - M.Ch. (Cardiac Surgery) - M.Ch. (Gastro Intestinal Surgery) - M.Ch. (General Surgery) - D.N.B. (Neuro Surgery) - D.N.B. (General Surgery)
- Christian Medical College Address: IDA Scudder Road, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004, India Phone: 0416-2222102, 2281000, 2286001, 3070000 Website: http://www.cmch-vellore.edu/
Surgeons work long irregular hours and they work for about 60 hours per week. Surgeons analyze illnesses and prescribe and administer check-ups for people suffering from any injury or disease. They work in well-equipped and well lighted rooms where sanitization is kept in mind while performing any surgery.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Address: Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110029 Phone: 011 2658 8500 Website: https://aiims.edu/en.html