Textile designers create designs for woven, knitted and surface ornamented fabrics.
- - - Design studios - Textile mills - Export houses - Textile dyeing and printing units - Fashion garment houses - Export units - Freelancing for government and private firms - Cottage industries
- - small scale industries - Entrepreneurship
- Minimum Qualification- 10+2
- - Creative imagination and flair - Self-belief and self-motivation - Manual dexterity to use tools such as chisels with precision - Good networking skills to help promote their work - Physical fitness as the work is often strenuous - Self-discipline to meet deadlines - The ability to work alone or in a team
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor of Arts in Textile Design - Master's Degrees in Textile Design
- Indian Institute of Design Address: 6-A, 3rd Floor, Indian Habitat Centre, Lodi Road, Lodhi Estate, Delhi 110003 Contact no.: 011 2469 2846 Website: http://www.nid.edu/education/master-design/transportation-automobile-design/p-overview.html
A Textile Designer works in co-ordination to their deadlines.Usually the working hours are between 37-40 for a week.
- House of Anita Dongre Address: Plot No 847,TTc Industrial Area MIDC Ravale, Navi Mumbai Maharashtra , 400701 Phone: (022) 61907100 Website: https://www.anitadongre.com/