The job of a Travel or Tour Guide is challenging as well as delightful. Tour Guide has the task of making tourist spots aesthetically appealing even if the spot be narrow an filthy lanes of history or striking landscapes of the Himalayas.
- - - Tour operators - Travel agent - Hotelier - Restaurateurs - Transport Service Provider - Adventure and Leisure Tourism Providers - Heritage Sites and their Conservation - Manufacture and Sale of Handicraft Items
- - High School Diploma - Tour Guide Certificate Program
- - Strong communication skills - Personable and outgoing - Wise memory - Enthusiastic - Improvisational skills - Punctuality - Keen sense of direction - Passion for their job - Energetic
Courses to be pursued
- Certificate courses: - Certified Training Professional (CTP) - Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP) Diploma courses: - Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma - Hospitality Management Diploma - Hospitality Services Diploma - Managing the Travel Business Diploma - Revenue Accounting and Control Diploma - Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma - Travel Sales and Operations Diploma
- Blue Whale Academy Address: A-59, Giriraj, Mahakali Caves Road, Opp. Ahura Centre, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093 Phone: 099870 37446 Website: http://www.bluewhaleacademy.com/
Tour Guides may work 40 hours week. Sometimes late night shift depending upon the location. They work in all weather conditions.
- Yatra.com Address: 1101, 11th Floor, Tower B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector – 39, Gurgaon 122001 Phone: 0124-4375353 Website: https://www.yatra.com