Mineral engineers are the engineers who design and create systems that are used to locate, transport and extract natural resources. They also make sure that the mineral procedures used are safe and efficient.Their major focus on creating mineral equipment and techniques that are as friendly to the environment as possible.
- Larger mineral companies tend to provide the most well-structured career development programs and offer more opportunities for promotion.
- Career development varies widely within the field as a whole.
- Mineral engineers who stay in the UK may work in office-based roles
- Opportunities can lead to additional managerial and strategic responsibilities in the International mining companies. Others may progress into working in mining finance or working on a consultancy basis for mining companies.
- Qualified mineral engineers also progress into roles within quarry management
- IT and construction.
- Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- Team work skills and the ability to manage and motivate people - Project management skills - Analytical and problem-solving skills - Communication and presentation skills - Time management and planning skills - Ability to prioritize your workload - Financial and budgeting skills - A good knowledge of IT and specialist software - A willingness to travel and spend time away from home - An outgoing and self-reliant nature
Courses to be pursued
- BE/ME(Hons) (Mining Engineering)
- B.tech/M.tech (Mining Engineering)
Address: IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302
Phone: 03222 255 221
Address: Sardar Patel Nagar, Dhanbad, Jharkhand 826004
Phone: 0326 223 5004
- Mineral engineers may work in offices, laboratories or on mine sites.
- Depending on the type of mine, those who work on-site may work outside in most weather conditions or underground in enclosed and cramped spaces.
- For work, many mineral engineers work for large, global companies and may be required to travel overseas.
Bharat Aluminum Company Limited (BALCO)
Address: Bharat Aluminium Company Limited Sadan Core-6, Scope Office Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003
Phone: 011 49166200
Hindustan Copper Limited
Address: 2th Floor, North Tower, Core 2, Scope Minar, Dist Centre, Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110092
Phone: 011 2244 8036
Dr. Chandrani Prasad Verma
Dr. Chandrani Prasad Verma, India’s first female mining engineer. Chandrani completed B.E. from Ramdeobaba Engineering College, Nagpur. She is in the first position, with merit, in 1999.
Prof. (Dr.) Subir Kumar Mukhopadhyay
Prof. (Dr.) Subir Kumar Mukhopadhyay is a merit scholar and very brilliant in academic. He stood First in First Class in B.Sc. In Mining Engineering from B.H.U. In 1970, he was awarded B.H.U. Gold Medal from B.H.U. and Roberton Medal from MGMI. He also done Ph. D. in Mining Engineering from IIT, Kharagpur.