10 Things To Know About Anjum Chopra - Goddess Of Cricket
Editorials News | Aug-22-2018
- Anjum comes from the capital, New Delhi, She has an MBA with dual specialization in Marketing and Human Resources from FORE School of Management.
- She showed interest in sports from an early age. She represented her school and college in various sports like basketball, athletics and swimming.
- She started playing cricket at the age of 9. She made her debut in one-day internationals at 17 and test cricket at the age of 19.
- She was made the captain of the Indian cricket team in 2002. She was able to get India several accolades under her leadership like winning first overseas Test.
- She is first woman to score a century for the team, first woman play in 6 World Cups and first to play hundred ODIs.
- She is the first captain to record a series whitewash over England in 2002.
- Anjum's whole family plays different sports. Her father plays golf, her mother is the winner of a Goodyear car rally and her brother represented Delhi state Under-17 and Under-19 cricket.
- She is the first woman cricketer to have been awarded honorary life membership of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
- She is a feminist and has participated in many events to promote women in games.
- She is the recipient of Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award, in 2014. She was also awarded Arjuna Award in 2017 for her outstanding achievement in sports.
By: Neha Maheshwari
- Children Working In Hazardous Factories
- Jugaad Mentality: Opportunity or Threat to India?
- Partition Of The Province Of Bengal 1905
- Disadvantages Of Landslide
- Harmful Effects Of Pesticides
- Sun Temple & Its History
- Child Marriage In India
- Religion And Environmentalism
- Harmful Effects Of Water Pollution
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Globalization