17 Year Old Girl- Kashmir’s New Cricketing Sensation
Editorials News | Apr-05-2017
Iqra Rasool comes from a very remote area in North Kashmir called Dangivacha. A big Virat Kohli fan, she claims to have learnt batting just by watching him bat. She has even written many letters to Virat seeking guidance from him which never got delivered.
A True All Rounder-
She is the star cricketer of government high school Dangivacha and it is not just the girls but even the boys who want to be in her team. "When we play with her, we also learn a lot, she has such great talent, we can't compete with her", said Aaqib class 12 Student of Dangivacha higher secondary school.
"She has got huge talent, if she gets some party which lifts her up and provides her facilities, she will do very well", said Manoj Singh, coach of Iqra. The areas witnesses’ contant threat of militant activities and life is not easy there. “I hide my bat under my phiran when I go to practice”, says Iqra Rasool.
Iqra has dreams in her eyes, she wants to represent the country at the international arena, but despite the huge talent that she has, the road ahead may not be easy for her. All she needs is some help, support and encouragement.
- Animal Powers
- English Language as a Subject
- Gender Disparity is Another Section of Digital Divide
- Camouflage Mechanism In Animals
- Arrival of Mahatma Gandhi in India
- Role of Expert in Amateur’s Life
- Creativity Is a Process, Not an Event
- Music Could Be a Forever Friend
- Should Reading Literature Be Made Compulsory?
- Is Green Tea Good for One’s Health?