34th Youth National Basketball Championship Started With Great Zeal
Editorials News | Jul-08-2017
34th Youth National Basketball Championship started for boys and girls from first of July at GMC Balayogi Indoor Stadium, Gachibowli. The game was played on two wooden courts laid out at an indoor Stadium.
Few of the matches were also played at IIIT Hyderabad Campus. Fifty one teams from 26 states competed with each other in this championship. This tournament witnessed a total of 85 league matches and 52 knock – out campuses. It is going to end today i.e. on 8th of July. All the matches used to commence by 7 AM daily.
In the previous edition at Hassan, Kerala were the champions from boy’s category and Tamil Nadu were the champions from girl’s category. T Padma Rao, Hon'ble Minister for Excise & Prohibition, Sports and Youth Affairs inaugurated this tournament at 4 PM on first of July. Dr G Vivekanand, advisor to the Telangana State government was also the Chief Guest of the inaugural ceremony.
By: Bhavna Sharma
- The Impact Of Sports On Student Engagement In Schools
- Afghanistan Crisis & Refugee Resettlement
- The Role Of Museums In Preserving Art
- International Relations: US-China Relations
- Role Of Music Education In Cognitive & Academic Achievement
- Creative Writing Workshops In Schools: Cultivating Literary Expression
- Exploring Space Science Through Hands-On Activities
- Start-Up Culture & Entrepreneurship
- India Makes Historic Landing: Chandrayaan-3
- The Art Of Persuasion & Its Use In Advertising