5 Famous Father-Son Duos in Indian Cricket
Editorials News | Jan-17-2018
In India, cricket is not a sport but a religion. The passion that drives us all - from children to elderly people - towards the sport is something unreal to experience. Cricket is so popular in India with our beloved cricketers who have been nurtured and loved so much. And there are few who have successfully pass on the legacy to their sons. Here are the famous 5 among them:
- Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi and Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi: They were both captains of the Indian cricket team. Pataudi Jr. was the youngest ever captain (age 21) in the history of Indian cricket.
- Yograj Singh and Yuvraj Singh: This father-son duo was the knight in the shining armor for Team India. Yuvraj is also known for hitting six sixes in an over against bowling of Stuart Board.
- Lala Amarnath and Mohinder Amarnath: While Lala had two other sons; Mohinder was the one who kept his reign tight on the field. In 24 test matches for India, he scored 878 runs and took 45 wickets. He was also declared man of the match at 1983 World Cup final.
- Arjun Tendulkar and Sachin Tendulkar: A rising star Arjun Tendulkar still has a long way to go. But he sure has the best teacher and we can expect him to shine bright as well.
- Rohan and Sunil Gavaskar: The Gavaskar's were the most famous ones before Tendulkar's arrived. But, both of them sure continued the cricket legacy as they are both into cricket commentary too.
By: Neha Maheshwari
- Person’s Perception And How It Affects Their Surrounding
- Positive And Negative Effects Of Video Games
- Aryans In India
- Should Plastic be Banned?
- What Is CAATSA And Its Implications On India?
- Technology: Connecting People
- Effects Of Mobile Phone
- What Causes Cyclone?
- Types Of Soils In India
- Earthquakes In India