A Great Delight to All Cricket Lovers
Editorials News | Apr-19-2017
Tigmanshu Dhulia is soon going to direct a biopic on cricketer “Baloo Palwankar”. The biopic is written by Tigmanshu and Darab Farooqui. A Dalit bowler made his name by his heroic struggle during the troublesome period of Colonial India.
It is going to be titled “Baloo” and will highlight the life of the left-arm spinner Baloo Palwankar. Baloo played cricket for the Hindu Gymkhana Club in the early 1990s. Historian Ramachandra Guha is carrying the research work of this great cricketer. Baloo later entered politics in his life. The directors and producers were fascinated by the life of Baloo that they thought to bring it on silver screen. It is known that Baloo was never allowed to become the captain of his cricket team. The reason was his lower caste status.
The producers received no objection certificate from the family of cricketer. The biopic will be a treat to all cricket fans after a series of films on Cricket like M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, Azhar and Sachin Tendulkar’s upcoming documentary.
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity
- Benefits Of Writing Journals
- Gadgets for Productivity: Tools for Students
- Trade And Cultural Exchange Across Continents
- Role Of Nature vs. Nurture In Human Development
- Technology: Connecting People
- India and Bangladesh Jointly Inaugurate 3 Development Projects
- The Art Of Cooking: Nurturing Student Chef Talents