Aam Aadmi Buses to be Run By DTC
Editorials News | Aug-06-2016
With less than 4000 buses plying on Delhi roads and old vehicles being retired, DTC plans to run Aam aadmi buses in the city from August 8.
A dry run will be conducted prior to the actual implementation of the new service, which will run from Uttam Nagar to Sarai Kale Khan, via Vikaspuri, Janakpuri, Outer Ring Road up to Wazirabad, Majnu ka Tila, ISBT (Kashmere Gate), Geeta Colony and Rajghat.
Twenty buses, dubbed `Bypass Express', will run on this expansive stretch. These buses, which will be sourced from the existing DTC stable, will comprise air-conditioned premium ones as well as non-AC buses. Though the buses are being branded as "aam aadmi" service, the fares on these buses will be the same as regular buses.
The route connecting east and north Delhi will cross three main national highways: 24, 01 and 10 and also touch four Delhi Metro lines; few existing DTC routes are as extensive. The “aam aadmi“ buses will run on other routes later, a DTC official said.
- Do Students Still Use Newspapers For Research?
- Influence of Covid on the Education System
- How To Limit Screen Time?
- Three Ways Of Getting Rid Of Mental Toxins
- Energy Crises during Study
- How to Stand Apart against the Competition in School?
- Is Animal Abuse Acceptable?
- Electronic Devices & Their Influence on Child Development
- How Optimism Influences Your Immunity?
- Can History Repeat Itself?