Achievements of Saina Nehwal
Editorials News | Dec-29-2019
Saina Nehwal, we all are aware of this name, the lady who was born on 17 March 1990 is an Indian professional badminton singles player and has made every Indian proud. She has been a former world no. 1; she has won over 24 international titles, which also includes eleven Superseries titles. Although she has reached the world's 2nd in the year 2009, it was only in year 2015 that she was able to attain the world no. 1 ranking, further becoming the only female player from our country India and overall the second Indian player – after the player Prakash Padukone – for achieving this feat. She has also represented India three times in the mega Olympics, resulting the amazing winning of a bronze medal in her second appearance.
Nehwal has till now achieved several milestones in the field of badminton for India. She is also the only Indian to have won at least one medal in every BWF major individual event, namely the following : the Olympics, the BWF World Championships, and the BWF World Junior Championships. She is also known as the first Indian badminton player for winning an Olympic medal, the first Indian for having reached the final of the BWF World Championships.
She is considered as one of the most successful Indian sportspersons ever in India, she has been credited for increasing the popularity of sports badminton in India. In year 2016, the Government of India (GoI) has conferred the Padma Bhushan which is India's third highest civilian award – on her.
By: Prerana Sharma
- Do Students Still Use Newspapers For Research?
- Influence of Covid on the Education System
- How To Limit Screen Time?
- Three Ways Of Getting Rid Of Mental Toxins
- Energy Crises during Study
- How to Stand Apart against the Competition in School?
- Is Animal Abuse Acceptable?
- Electronic Devices & Their Influence on Child Development
- How Optimism Influences Your Immunity?
- Can History Repeat Itself?