Ajinkya Rahane to Replace Steve Smith as Rajasthan Royals Captain
Editorials News | Apr-04-2018
After the recent ball tampering controversy during the third Test against South Africa in Newlands, Cape Town, Steve Smith has stepped down from the position of captain of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Rajasthan Royals.
He was a part of the Rajasthan Royals in 2014 and 2015 and was the only player retained by the franchise in 2018. Ajinkya Rahane, who is one of the top Indian Batsman, shall replace Steve Smith and lead the 2008 IPL winners in the 11th edition of the tournament. One of the Rajasthan Royals official Zubin Bharucha, stated that this particular incident in Cape Town has caused a lot of upheaval in the entire cricket world. It is important for Steve to step down in the best interest of Rajasthan Royals. Ajinkya Rahane is an important part of the Royals family and he is well aware of the culture and tradition of the team. At this point of time, Rajasthan Royals is making every possible effort to protect the integrity of the game. Smith has been charged with 100 percent match fee and has been handed over with a one-Test ban, while, Cameron Bancroft got a 75 percent fine and three demerit points for ball-tampering incident. Bancroft was caught on camera, using yellow sticky tape laden with dirt to change the condition of the ball. Smith and Bancroft admitted to cheating in a press conference. Smith admitted that it was a pre- planned act. After being repeatedly pressurised, both Smith and David Warner stepped down from the position of captain and vice-captain of the Australian cricket team.
By: Anuja Arora
- Coronavirus & Human Genetics: Why Do Cases of Covid Vary?
- Global Warming: Problems and Solutions
- Do Students Still Use Newspapers For Research?
- Influence of Covid on the Education System
- How To Limit Screen Time?
- Three Ways Of Getting Rid Of Mental Toxins
- Energy Crises during Study
- How to Stand Apart against the Competition in School?
- Is Animal Abuse Acceptable?
- Electronic Devices & Their Influence on Child Development