All The Indian Wrestlers Bag Medals At Commonwealth Games 2018
Editorials News | Apr-30-2018
Indian wrestling athletes kicked off the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast and no wrestler returns to the country empty handed. India won five gold, three silver and four bronze medals with Vinesh Phogat (50kg) and Sumit (125kg) winning gold and Olympic bronze-medallist Sakshi Malik (62kg) bagging a third-place finish. Wrestler Sakshi Malik earned bronze in 62 kg Freestyle wrestling category while Sumit clinched the 22nd gold for India in the 125 kg freestyle wrestling category at the Commonwealth Games 2018.
Pooja Dhanda won silver after losing to Odunayo Adekuoroye in the summit clash of the 57kg freestyle wrestling. Star Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia outclassed Kane Charig from Wales by technical superiority 10-0 to earn a Gold medal in the 65 kg freestyle wrestling category. These are the 12 wrestlers who made the entire country proud at Gold Coast.
Men’s Freestyle: Rahul Balasaheb Aware, Bajrang Kumar, Sushil Kumar, Somveer, Mausam Khatri, Sumit
Women’s Freestyle: Vinesh Phogat, Pooja Dhanda, Sakshi Malik, Divya Kakran, Kiran, Babita Kumari.
By: Swati Kaushal
- The Emergence Of Jainism And Sikhism In Indian History
- Lunar Rocks
- Examining The Role Of News & Information In Society
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity