All You Need To Know About Tennis Superstar - Sania Mirza
Editorials News | Sep-11-2018
Sania Mirza is one of the best Indian professional tennis players who once ranked as world no.1 in the doubles. She has won a total of six Grand Slam Titles in her career. She retired from singles in 2013 and from 2003-2013, she was ranked as India's no.1 player by WTA in both categories. Mirza has successfully established herself as a Tennis star both in India and around the world. She is one of the high profile athletes in the country. She is married to Shoaib Malik and is currently expecting a baby after 8 years of marriage. Some of the most notable wins she has had in her singles career is over Martina hingis, Victoria Azarenka, Marion Bartoli and Vera Zvonareva.
She has had a number of firsts in her career like surpassing her career earnings by $1 million, winning singles pro-level title and winning six major titles. She peaked at world no. 27 in singles in mid-2007. But she suffered from a major wrist injury in mid of 2007 because of which she had to give her up her singles career. She then began to focus on her doubles career. She has won 14 medals (6 Gold) in major tournaments around the world like Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.
In 2010, she was named as one of "33 women who made India proud". In 2016, she was named as one of the Times magazine 100 most influential people in the world.
By: Neha Maheshwari
- Mauryan Empire Vs Gupta Empire
- The Benefits Of Competency-Based Learning
- The Impact Of Teacher-Student Relationships On Academic Performance
- The Impact Of Teacher Diversity On Students' Success
- The Benefits Of Experiential Learning
- The Role Of Physical Environment In Learning
- The Benefits Of Flipped Classrooms
- The Impact Of Peer Pressure On Students' Academic Performance
- The Impact Of Teacher Burnout On Education
- The Benefits Of Service Learning