All You Need to Know About the New “Rs. 10 Note”
Editorials News | Jan-09-2018
On January 5, 2018 the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) unveiled the new ten rupee note under the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series. The transformed note is in conformity with the government policy to reissue notes after demonetisation with new designs.
The new note shall bear the signature of the honourable RBI Governor Urjit Patel. Some of the key features of the new note are as follows:
(i) Size: The dimensions of the new note are 63mmx123mm as opposed to the older notes 63mmx137mm;
(ii) Motif: The new note features the Sun Temple in Konark as its motif. It symbolizes India’s cultural heritage;
(iii) Colour: It is chocolate brown in colour.
Some features on the front side of the note include see through register with denominational numeral 10; Micro letters 'RBI', 'INDIA’ along with ‘Bharat” and denominational numeral '10' written in Devnagari; presence of the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre and Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right; windowed demetallized security thread with inscriptions 'Bharat' in Devnagari; Mahatma Gandhi’s portrait and electrotype (10) watermarks; number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side. The backside of the note contains the year of printing on the left; Swachh Bharat logo with slogan; denominational numeral '10' written in Devnagari; number panel. The new note shall be soon declared as a legal tender. At the same time the old Rs. 10 notes will continue to be legal tender.
By: Anuja Arora
- Age Well, Think Well: Nurturing Brain Health as We Age
- Mood Matters: Insights into Mood Disorders and Treatment
- Exploring the Relationship between Diet, Nutrients, and Immune Function
- Exploring the Fascinating World of Plant Science
- Examining Its Effects on Global Development
- Strategies for Encouraging Political Participation and Activism
- Art Market Trends: Analysis of Auctions, Galleries, and Collectors
- Examining Themes of Existence, Freedom, and Absurdity
- Legal Implications, Digital Citizenship, and Responsible Online Behavior
- Cultural Impact of Major Sporting Events: Case Studies and Analysis
Most popular news
- The Law Of Equivalent Exchange
- Essay On Issues And Challenges Of Rural Development In India
- Srinivasa Ramanujan And His Inventions
- The Youth Is The Hope Of Our Future!
- Poverty In India: Facts, Causes, Effects And Solutions
- Top 20 Outdoor Games In India
- Festivals Of India: Unity In Diversity
- Role Of Women In Society
- The Impact Of Peer Pressure On Students' Academic Performance
- Books As Companion