Asteroids that Headed Towards Earth on 26th October
Editorials News | Oct-28-2017
Within one minute of each other, two asteroids headed towards Earth on 26th October, 2017. One of the asteroids amongst the two is of the height of the Big Ben. The NASA’s Close Approaches page said that the 2017 UG3 zooms flied just after the one minute of 2017 TL4. 2017 TL4 flied at 9:47 PM of UK time.
TL4 asteroid was estimated to be up to 81 metres in diameter. It is almost the length of a small football pitch (90m) or the Big Ben (91m). Sister rock UG3 asteroid was estimated to be up to 22m which is bigger than the size of a cricket pitch (20.12m). Also, these two asteroids approached Earth on the same date earlier, 2017 UH at 5:22 PM and the 2017 UE3 came nearly eight minutes later of the former one.
There was no possibility of the two asteroids to hit the planet Earth. The space geeks reported that the two asteroids were 12 Lunar Distances away from the planet.
By: Bhavna Sharma
- The Emergence Of Jainism And Sikhism In Indian History
- Lunar Rocks
- Examining The Role Of News & Information In Society
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity