Bertens Wins and Saves Match Point
Editorials News | Apr-17-2018
The Volvo Car Open's Saturday schedule got totally ruined due to rain and as a result the semi finals got shifted to Sunday. Kiki Bertens rose to the challenge, coming away from Charleston with the most amazing title of her entire career. Most of Julia Goerges’ semifinal match against Anastasija Sevastova was rescheduled.
For about two hours and 43 minutes, the two slugged it out on the green clay. And after surviving match point while down 5-4 in the third set, Bertens escaped, 6-4, 6-7 (2), 7-6 (5). Goerges, completed a 7-6 (5), 6-3 win over Sevastova and effectively joined Bertens in the final. The No. 12-seeded Bertens cruised past the No. 5-seeded Goerges in only 58 minutes, 6-2, 6-1. Bertens came away from Charleston with the first Premier-level title of her career. In the present year, the Dutchwoman could be a big threat at Roland Garros year. The doubles final was took place among a jam-packed Sunday schedule, with Alla Kudryavtseva and Katarina Srebotnik beating Andreja Klepac and Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez for the title, 6-3, 6-3.
By: Anuja Arora
- The Emergence Of Jainism And Sikhism In Indian History
- Lunar Rocks
- Examining The Role Of News & Information In Society
- The History & Culture Of Indigenous Peoples
- Motivation Boosting
- Permission to Unplug: The Health Benefits of Yoga for Kids
- The Cultural Significance of Diwali: A Festival of Lights
- The Legacy of Steve Jobs
- Personality and Resilience: Coping with Adversity