A LAKE-TURNED BASKETBALL STADIUM IN BANGALORE
Editorials News | May-13-2017
In 1946 the Sree Kanteerava stadium in Bangalore was built on a dry lake bed. In 1997, it evolved as a full-fledged multi-sport facility as a section of the National Games.
From then on, several national and international events have been hosted at the basketball courts here. The stadium also houses the training ground for Karnataka’s DYES (Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports) camp program and Vijaya Bank. It is also a place for shorter duration camps by different clubs.
The stadium has granite bleachers surrounding the two outdoor courts. College students, school children, professional ball players and office-goers sit here watching different matches.
The indoor stadium which was renovated in 2016 has a striking outside dome, sepia-toned lights, colored chairs, and numerous spectators. The indoor stadium will be hosting the 2017 FIBA Asia Women’s Cup in the later part of this year. Work is going on to give it a facelift and utilize the venue more for sport than for exhibitions.
News has been spreading that the concerned authorities will renovate the outdoor surfaces in the upcoming few years. However modernistic and swanky the Kanteerava stadium may get, its historic charm will remain.
- The Rise Of Nazism
- Know How To Handle The Stress Of An Exam
- The Main Characteristics Of Coastal Erosion
- Paper Production And Recycling
- Architecture Of Harappan Civilization
- Progress Made By Civilization
- Did The Trojan Horse Exist?
- How Natural Disasters are Linked to Climate Change?
- Economic Importance Of Gymnosperms
- Describe The Role Of A Therapist