Here are some facts about women's cricket team:
1. First-Ever women’s ODI match was played at Lord on 4th August 1976.
2.1997, Belinda Clark the Aussie batswoman scored 229* runs and made a world record of highest individual score. It was the highest in both men and women’s games until Rohit Sharma surpassed it in 2014.
3. In 1997, Belinda Clark the Aussie batswoman scored 229* runs and made a world record of highest individual score. It was the highest in both men and women’s games until Rohit Sharma surpassed it in 2014.
4. Jhulan Goswami had a record of best match bowling figure with 10/78 against England in 2006.
5. Mithali Raj beat Virat Kohli for the Padma Shri award (the fourth highest civilian award in the republic of India). She is also the recipient of the Arjuna Award.
6. Australian women’s cricket team has the most world cup titles i.e. 6 titles in the ODI world cup and 3 in the T20 world cup.
7. In 2004 the India team won the first world cup. They subsequently won 3 more Asia Cups. With titles in hand, team India is the most successful team of the tournament.
8. Charlotte Edwards of England is the highest run-scorer of the ODI. With 5992 runs in 191 matches and an average of 38.16.
9. Catheryn Fitzpatrick of Australia is the highest wicket-taker of the game. With 180 wickets in 109 matches.
10. The day was Oct 10, 2010, Rachael Heyhoe Flint, the English batswoman was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame. She was the first woman to achieve this accolade.
And a little fact about the Indian Cricket team, India made its. India made its Test debut in 1976, against the West Indies, and its One Day International debut at the 1978 World Cup, which it hosted.
Get latest education news, career guidance, skill development programs, training programs, webinar and contest information.
To get a download link of the FairGaze App on your email, please fill your email id below: