Mathematician/Mathematics and Computing
A person who uses extensive knowledge of mathematics in work, particularly for solving mathematical problems.
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Market Research Analysts
- Operations Research Analysts
- Physicists and Astronomers
- Mathematical Skills - Analytical Skills - Problem Solving Skills - Investigative Skills - Communication Skills - IT Skills - Good Working Habits - Useful Personality Traits
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor's in Mathematics
- Master's in Mathematics
Institute of Mathematical Sciences
Address: 4th Cross Street, CIT Campus, Tharamani, Taramani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600113
Phone: 044 2254 3100
Chennai Mathematical Institute
Address: H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Kelambakkam, Siruseri, Tamil Nadu 603103
Phone: 044 7196 1000
Usually mathematicians work in office hours i.e. 40 hours a week. They may also have to travel to attend meetings and seminars.
State Bank of India
Address: Jai Singh Marg, Connaught Place, New Delhi 110001
Phone: 1800 425 3800
Address: Google India Pvt. Ltd, No. 3, RMZ Infinity – Tower E, Old Madras Road, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Floors, Bangalore 560016
Phone: +91 80 67218000
Aryabhatta, the Indian mathematician who discovered zero.
The Indian American mathematician and physicist who did fundamental work in representation theory.