To know more about the universe, astronomers apply the principles of physics and mathematics. They collect the information about the characteristics of planets,stars, moons and other objects with the help of telescopes and computer programs.Astronomers also have to develop and test scientific theories, analyzing data and writing their research proposals. They also compose scientific papers and present their interpretation to others who are in the same field.
- - - NASA - National Optical Astronomy Observatories - National Radio Astronomy Observatories - U.S. Naval Observatory - Space Telescope Science Institute - Planetariums - Other informal education & public outreach (EPO) efforts.
- - 10 +2 Science Stream - Ph.D. degree is compulsory
- - Astronomers must have the ability to solve complex problems - Conduct research - Accurately analyze data - They need strong math and science skills
- along with being about to work within a team
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Sc in Astrophysics – 3 year full-time course - B.Sc in Astronomy – 3 year full-time course - B.Tech in relevant Engineering - M.Sc Astronomy - M.Tech (Astronomy and Space Engineering) - PhD. in Astronomy - PhD. in Astronomy and Astrophysics - PhD. in Astrophysics - PhD. in Atmospheric Science and Astrophysics
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) - Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Mumbai Address: Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba , Mumbai (Mumbai Dist.) - 400005 Maharashtra Phone no.: 91-22-2278 2000 / 2618 Website: www.tifr.res.in/~daa/
- Nearly work in the office. - Usually work regular business hours. However, those who are deeply involved in research may work longer hours. - Must be accurate and thorough in their work. - Sometimes have to repeat the same mental tasks. - Usually have the freedom to make decisions and set their daily tasks and goals independently. - Sometimes must meet weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Blue Origin Address: 21218 76th Ave S Kent, Washington 98032 Phone no.: +1 253-872-0411 Website:https://www.blueorigin.com/