Dance therapy is also known as movement therapy. This therapy provides emotional and physical support for clients and individuals. A professional dance therapist helps the clients in improving their total health and wellness through dance and movement.
- - - DMT (R_DMT) - Board-certified DMT (BC-DMT) - Teacher and supervisor of the practitioners
- Minimum education required is 10+2
- - Compassion - Patience - Empathy
Courses to be pursued
- - Graduate level studies including extensive study in dance training - Master's in psychology
- social work
- special education or a related field
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts Address: 11th Floor, Vishwabhavan Building, Symbiosis Campus Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, Maharashtra Phone: +91 20 - 39116226 Website: www.ssla.edu.in
- Dance therapist have to work in different environments such as a medical facility centre, rehabilitation centre, drug treatment facility, or counselling and crisis centre. - Some may also work in schools, alternative healthcare facilities, wellness community centres or private dance studios and practices. - Some of them may also work as freelancers or work on call or provide private counselling sessions to clients.
- Creative Movement Therapy Association of India Address: 50/8, 1st Floor, Tolstoy Lane, Janpath, Delhi 110085 Phone: 097739 05280 Website: http://www.cmtai.org/