Environmental science is the field of science which studies the interactions and relationships of the physical, biological, and chemical components of the environment and also the effects of these components with the organisms in the environment.
- - - Environmental engineering technicians. - Environmental scientists and specialists
- - including health. - Environmental science teachers
- - post secondary.
- - Class 10th Pass - Class 10+2 with Science Stream
- - Ability to work with a team - Communication and quantitative skills - Critical thinking & problem solving - Detail-oriented - Inquisitive - Interpersonal skills - Integration and application of knowledge - Observational and investigative skills - Physical stamina for fieldwork - Professional values & ethics - Understanding of relationships
- interactions and patterns
Courses to be pursued
- - B.Sc. /M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences) - B.Sc. / M.Sc. (Microbiology) - B.Sc. /M.Sc. (Geosciences) - B.tech/ M.Tech in Environmental Engineering - Specialized Courses in Hydrology and Waste Management - PhD. (In Environmental Sciences or other related fields)
- Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya Address: Haripur Kalan, Haridwar, Uttarakhand-249411 Phone no.: 01334 261 367 Website: www.dsvv.ac.in
- Environmental scientists and specialists work in offices and laboratories. - Some may spend time in the field gathering data and monitoring environmental conditions firsthand. - Most environmental scientists and specialists work full time.
- Centre for Science and Environment Address: 41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, Vayusenabad, Near Batra Hospital, New Delhi-110062 Phone: 011 2995 5125 Website: http://www.cseindia.org/