Geologists are the professionals who study about the science of earth called geology. Geology is basically the study of solid earth, the rocks of which it is composed and the processes through which they change.
- - - Engineering geologist - Geochemist - Geophysicist/field seismologist - Geoscientist - Hydrogeologist - Mudlogger - Wellsite geologist
- 12th examination, minimum of 50% in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized board.
- - Ability to visualize in 3 dimensions and sometimes 4 even. - Willingness to subject their work to criticism and alternative ideas. - Ability to succinctly communicate the essence of their ideas. - An appreciation and curiosity about the business and engineering aspects of their industry. - Strong motivation and work ethic driven by scientific curiosity.
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Geology
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science - Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Geology - Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Geology
- Earth science
- Environmental Science - Master of Science (M.Sc) in Geology
- Applied Geology - Master of Science (Hons.) in Geology - Master of Technology in Geology
- Applied Geology
- Government College, Kasaragod Address: Vidyanagar - Uliyathadka Rd, Kasaragod, Kerala 671123 Phone: 04994 256 027 Website: https://www.gck.ac.in/
Geologists often work for the mining industry, oil, gas and petroleum companies, environmental consultancies and civil engineering firms. They can be hired on a contract basis or hold permanent positions within private companies.
- New Era India Consultancy Pvt Ltd Address: Indore Plot No: 246, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase 3, New Delhi, Delhi 110020 Website: www.enworld.co.in