A historian is one who researches, analyzes and writes about the past records the findings, and interprets the past events from the available records such as the government, institutional records, newspapers, photographs, interviews etc. Historians with their writings help us understand how the society has changed. The past always has an impact on the present and the future and history helps us understand and keep a track of the cause and effect.
- - A historian can work in a college or University
- - work with publishers
- - post secondary history teacher
- - research Analyst. Museum Curator
- - Archeologist.
- 10+2 with 75% marks or more.
- - Analytical skills - communication skills - problem-solving - research skills - writing skills
Courses to be pursued
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in History
- Post Graduate Degree in History or PhD
- Research Work. Internship at Archeological Survey Department or any Museums.
- Jamia Millia Islamia Address: Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi: 110025 Phone: +91 (11) 26981717 Website: www.jmi.ac.in
There are various job opportunities for a historian, depending on the educational qualifications one can be a Teacher at pre secondary or secondary school. Professors at colleges or universities. Work as researcher with Archeological department, or work at the museums. Work with publishers.
- Indian Council of Historical Research Address: 35, Firoz Shah Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110001 Phone: 011 2338 7877 Website: ichr.ac.in/
Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Sanjay Leela Bhansali is an Bollywood Film Director, producer, creenwriter and also a music director. He is the producer and director of the remarkable Movie 'Padmaavat'.
Karan Johar who is also known as KJo is a versatile Bollywood Personality who directs, produces the movies. He is also a screenwriter and a costume desiger.