Indian Forest Service
- - - Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) - Conservator of Forests (CF) - Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF) etc are some examples - Head of Forest Forces (HoFF)
- - Civil Service Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) - Candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent. - Candidates appearing at their degree examination (with prescribed subjects) can also compete. If they qualify on the result of the written part of the examination, they will have to submit the proof of passing the required examination along with their detailed application form to be filled in at that stage.
- - A Scientific Temper - Patience - Perseverance - Practical Approach - Physical Fitness - Willingness to Work Outdoors
Courses to be pursued
- - B. Sc. in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science - B. Sc. in Botany - B.Sc. in Chemistry - B. Sc. in Geology - B. Sc. in Mathematics - B. Sc. in Physics - B. Sc. in Statistics - B. Sc. in Zoology - B. Tech in Agriculture or Forestry
- The Energy and Research Institute Address: The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) Darbari Seth Block, IHC Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110 003, INDIA Phone: +91 11 2468 2100 Website: http://www.teriin.org/
The Indian Forest Service has inherent time-bound promotions and higher scales which are comparable to the best in government sector in the country. After completion of training, the IFoS officers are usually posted as Divisional Forest Officers (DFOs)/Deputy Conservators of Forests (DCF) with the independent charge of a forest division with a large number of Forest Guards, BlockOfficers, Range Officers and Assistant Conservators of Forests working under them. IFoS need to keep a check on illegal logging of trees and work with the forest guards and security personnels.
- Forest Research Institute Address: Mason Rd, Forest Research Institute, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248003 Phone: 0135 222 4222 Website: http://www.fri.res.in/