Journalism is a diverse, competitive and rewarding field. In journalism, gathering, assessing, creating and presenting the news and information. Journalism is said to be the fourth pillar of democracy and backbone of the media industry.
- - - Journalist - PR - Photographer - Content Writer - Freelance Writer - Reporter - Event Manager - Editorial assistant. - Magazine features editor - Magazine journalist - Newspaper journalist - Press sub-editor - Publishing copy-editor/proofreader - Web content manager
- - Ability to “think online” – the ability to adapt and learn as technology changes - Storytelling across mediums - Writing across platforms
- including Web writing - Copy editing - Researching and guiding - Curiosity and healthy skepticism - Strong technical skills - Enterprise - Energy and passion
Courses to be pursued
- - Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication - Master’s in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Indian Institute Of Journalism and Mass Media Address: Opp. BGS International Residential School Nityanandanagar Kumbalgudu Kengeri Hobli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560060 Contact: 078292 40368 Website: https://www.iijnm.org/
Many journalists have to work long and irregular hours which includes evening and late night work common. Journalists have to meet deadlines according to their work and they should make sure whether the facts presented are accurate or not. They are called unexpectedly to work when some other journalist is unavailable be it public holidays, weekends or late at night.
- Hindustan Times Address: 18–20 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi 110001 Phone: 231696742 Website: https://www.hindustantimes.com/