Law is a system of rules that are set by a country, a community of people and are recognized by them. Going against these rules or systems attract penalties or punishments. A lawyer is a person who practices Law, could be called a lawyer, an attorney, an advocate, a counselor, a solicitor and represents a client, or a neutral third party or any government official representing them for any criminal, or civil court proceedings.
- - There are several career options for a student of law. One can be a Solicitor who provides services to an individual or a company across a wide range of either
- - civil
- - commercial or criminal law issues. One can work as a barrister giving expert legal advice and representing the clients in courts. As a Legal Executive
- - a paralegal
- - a judge
- - or a patent Attorney
- - patent examiner etc.
- 10+2 with 80% marks or more.
- Analytical skills
- interpersonal skills
- reading skills
- speaking skills.
Courses to be pursued
- A bachelor’s degree followed by law school. In case of undergraduate one can study pre-law or any other equivalent. Must pass state bar exam to practice. One can choose to specialize in the many categories like Civil Law
- Corporate law
- Property and Estate Law
- Criminal Law
- Bank & Taxing Law
- International Business law to name a few.
- National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University Address: NALSAR University of Law Post Box No.1, Justice City, Shameerpet, Medchal District, Hyderabad - 500078, Telangana. Fax: +91 40 23498385/8386 Website: https://www.nalsar.ac.in/
Lawyers these days have lots of opportunities not just practicing in the courts. One can also choose to take up teaching law in colleges and universities. Apart from normal practice there are lots of corporate opportunities. With the globalization International law is also in demand. Apart from there are so many different types of law that one can specialize in.
- Khaitan& Co Address: 12th Floor, Ashoka Estate, 24 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110001 Phone: 011 4151 5454 Website: https://www.khaitanco.com/
Frank Clark is a former footballer and forest manager and the former chairman of Nottingham Forest. After retiring from football, he managed Nottingham forest as a manager between 1993 and 1996.
Gary Nicholas Brazil
Gary Nicholas Brazil is a former professional football player, who is currently the academy manager of Nottingham Forest.